Skip to main content
Emergency Alert

Stage 1 Water Restrictions in Effect
Click here to find your watering day and more. 

The Mission of the Public Works Department is to manage, maintain, and develop the City's street and storm water systems. This is accomplished by maintaining street pavement; operating and maintaining traffic signals, signs and markings, planning and developing the street system; and providing storm water management services. 

click here to view the 2021 through 2026 infrastructure management plan streets

click here to view the imp 5 year street map

click here for answers to those frequently asked questions


Street Operations, Signs & Markings, Traffic Signals

Address: 2525 Hygeia Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78415
Mailing Address: PO Box 9277, Corpus Christi, TX 78469
Phone: (361) 826-1875


Traffic Engineering

Address: 1201 Leopard, 3rd Floor City Hall
Phone: (361) 826-3547


Storm Water

Address: 2726 Holly Road, Corpus Christi, TX, 78415
Phone: (361) 826-1875


Consultant Interim Director of Public Works:
Gabriel Hinojosa, P.E. (Interim)
Phone: (361) 826-1877

Deputy Director of Public Works
Traffic Operations, Asset Infrastructure,
Support Services:

Sarah Munoz, P.E.
Phone: (361) 826-3433

Assistant Director of Public Works
Storm Water Engineering:

Gabriel Hinojosa, P.E.
Phone: (361) 826-1877

Sr. Public Information Officer:
Makensie Oubre
Phone: (361) 826-3420

Public Works Services

Flashing Yellow Arrow

The Flashing Yellow Arrow Signal, or FYA, are being installed at several local intersections throughout the city.

Overhead Banner Permits

Banners for non-profit events or activities can be placed over the street at seven different locations in the city. The banners have to be permitted and there is a non-refundable application fee.

Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit

The City prohibits work or activities that in any way obstruct a street, sidewalk or other similar public place except those operating according to a valid Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit.

Sidewalk and Curb & Gutter Problems

By City Ordinance, the property owner is responsible for sidewalk maintenance. Occasionally small stretches of sidewalk are repaired or replaced as part of a street project.

Street Maintenance Fee

Corrections to your Street Maintenance Fee charge, requests for a change in land use designation, or requests for a Low Income Discount can be done with the forms provided here. 

Street Pavement Problems

If you want to report a pot hole, a cave-in or any other type of street pavement problem, call the City's Call Center and a work order will be created.

Traffic Control Devices

You can request installation of certain traffic control devices. Examples include speed humps, stop signs, traffic signals, crosswalks, or parking restrictions. 

Traffic Signal & Street Sign Problems

To report traffic signals that are malfunctioning or street signs that are down or damaged, call the City's Call Center and a work order will be created.


Our Partner for Streets

Engineering Services Department webpage