What is fostering?
Fostering pets means that you care for the pet in your home until they find a forever home. When you foster pets, you can help ensure that they find an ideal home by learning about their personality. This helps match these pets up with a home that best suits them.
Corpus Christi Animal Care Services mission is to help engage our community to actively help in the direct live release of animals that are taken in by CCACS by bringing them into their own home, networking for adoption and caring for them for a length of time.
Why become a foster?
- Fostering is temporary. Knowing the foster animal will only be with you for a short time makes it easier and you can take breaks in between fostering pets.
- Fostering to know if you’re ready to adopt. Adopting a pet is a big decision. If you’re not sure you’re ready to take that next step, fostering is a great way to test the waters. You’ll gain experience caring for a pet, so that when it’s time for you to adopt, you’ll be ready.
- You are helping CCACS help more homeless animals by creating kennel space and there’s nothing like the love and warmth of a family! Animals in foster care tend to be less stressed, better socialized, and have a lower chance of getting sick than animals in shelters.
What are the age requirements?
- All fosters must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must submit a Foster Care Application and review Foster Care Agreement.
Are supplies provided?
- When you foster for CCACS, everything you need is provided for you at no cost. All we require from you is a safe and loving temporary home!