The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department is dedicated to offering a wide range of arts and cultural activities to enrich the lives of its residents and visitors. We invite you to enjoy our public art tours, concerts and movies in the park, visit our historic park, and much more.
NEWS ► City Announces Applications Available for Sister City Student Exchange Program (Released 3-20-2023)
Art Grants 2023 Recipients
The Corpus Christi Arts & Cultural Commission awarded arts grants to the following twenty-one non-profit organizations to support cultural events during 2023 in Corpus Christi:
- Alcorta's Folklorica Diamante, Inc. for La Competencia Folklórico De Tejas 2023
- Art Center of Corpus Christi for Sculpture by Dr. Sherman Coleman
- Art Museum of South Texas for 2023 Exhibitions
- Ballet Folklorico Viva Mexico for 25th Annual Free to the Public Show
- Bay Jammin' Series for Bay Jammin' Concert and Cinema Series 2023
- Corpus Christi Bailando Dance Festival for 24th Annual Bailando International Dance Festival
- Corpus Christi Ballet for 2023 Corpus Christi Ballet Performances
- Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society, Inc. for Concert Series 2023
- Corpus Christi Chorale for Corpus Christi Chorale Spring/Fall 2023 Concerts
- Corpus Christi Downtown Management District for 2023 ArtWalk
- Corpus Christi Symphony Orchestra for POPS in the Park
- K Space Contemporary for 2023 Día de los Muertos Festival
- KEDT for Spotlight on the Arts 2023
- South Texas Botanical Gardens for Art is for the Birds
- TAMUCC - Department of Art for 2023 Season University Galleries
- TAMUCC - Department of Music for Piano Celebration Week 2022
- TAMUCC - Mariachi Festival for Festival de Mariachi
- TAMUCC - Performing Arts Center (PAC) for 2023 Furgason Bravo Series
- Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education for 2023 Juneteenth Festival
- Texas Jazz Festival Society for 62nd Annual Texas Jazz Festival
- The Harbor Playhouse for 2023 Performances
Arts organizations, mark your calendars for the opportunity to submit a 2024 Arts Grants application which will be available the first week of October 2023. Please check back then to this page or you may contact Shelly Rios, Arts & Culture Management Assistant, at (361) 826-3489 or ShellyR@cctexas.com.
Corpus Christi Mural & Art Trail
Take a free outdoor art tour of Corpus Christi, Texas! See unique murals and sculptures created by local artists throughout downtown and Padre Island. Enjoy this self-guided journey and earn prizes along the way!
Some art on this trail are part of the City of Corpus Christi's Public Art Collection.
► 'Visit Corpus Christi' offers more information and video. Check it out today!
Non-profit 501c(3) or tax-exempt organizations that provide arts programs and activities within the City of Corpus Christi are invited to apply for an Arts Grant. Funding for this is provided by Hotel Occupancy Taxes and must be used in accordance with the Hotel Occupancy Tax Texas Tax Code Chapter 351 to directly promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry and promote the arts. The Arts Grant program runs from January 1 to December 31. Applications and Grant Workshops are available during the fall.
The Arts & Cultural Commission is made up of nine Commissioners appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council, recommends the use, location, donation or purchase, conservation and promotion of works of art to be considered a part of the City’s Public Art Collection. The Commission also oversees the Arts Grant Program and provides opportunities for local arts organizations to recognize arts volunteers at an annual Arts Forum.
SERVE OUR CITY: The City of Corpus Christi Arts & Cultural Commission is comprised of citizens who provide guidance and advice on the Public Art Program, the Public Art Collection, and the Arts Grants. We invite interested individuals to serve on this committee. For more information, contact Shelly Rios, Arts & Culture Management Assistant, at (361) 826-3489 or ShellyR@cctexas.com. Apply online.