The Development Services Department is still open to customers Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with the exception of every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. Please note:
- All customers will be required to wear a facemask upon entry. No facemask. No entry.
- Only 5 customers will be allowed entry into the first floor at a time. All others will have to wait outside or in their car.
In Addition, the following procedures have been implemented to ensure continuous services:
- Staff and customers shall practice social distancing.
- Public will be required to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at each permit counter.
- The lobby has been rearranged, chairs are now six feet apart and staff will be limiting the number of customers allowed in the lobby area at any given time.
- A receptionist will direct all the lobby traffic.
- Only one customer will be allowed at each counter station, all others are asked to wait at floor markers, available seating, or outside.
- Until notified otherwise, all meetings will continue to be held via Skype, WebEx, Zoom or other conferencing medium.Meeting requests can be sent to email@example.com or to your assigned project manager.
- All plan reviews will continue to be received via email and they will be reviewed electronically, as usual. Residential Plans should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and commercial plans can be sent to email@example.com. Until further notice, residential approvals could take up to 7 business days for processing.
- Building Inspectors will resume on-site inspections and please note, virtual inspections will still be performed, if initiated by the inspector and/or requested by the customer.
The Development Services Department is responsible for all planning, development and permitting activities in Corpus Christi. The department brings together building services, civil engineering, planning and zoning, permit applications, major projects and records in a way that customers can access information, start new projects, and get projects approved.
Development Services Services
The City's Geographic Information System (GIS) is a computer-based tool that provides map and database information for mapping and analysis purposes.
Homeowners, renters and business owners in Nueces County are encouraged to look over newly released preliminary flood maps in order to determine their flood risks and make informed decisions.
There are several methods of scheduling an inspection. You can use the Dynamic Portal or contact the Development Services office.
Learn about requirements, permits, fees, zoning, and forms necessary to ensure your residential or commercial building project complies with the law.
Find information about building codes, ordinances, design criteria, reports and other useful information. Development Services Department will provide you with the detailed information you need.
Al Raymond, Director of Development Services
Al Raymond was appointed Director of Development Services by the City Manager on September 16, 2019. Al has over 36 years of experience in architecture, engineering and development services. The first part of his professional career was spent in the private sector working with several architecture firms, including HKS in Dallas; several engineering firms, such as Raba-Kistner in San Antonio; and, two hotel development organizations (Marriott Corporation and La Quinta Inns & Suites).
Al began his public sector career in January 2000 and worked for several public organizations and municipalities including the City of San Antonio as the Plan Review & Inspections Manager; The Port Authority of San Antonio; and, at the former Kelly Air Force Base as the Vice President of Architecture & Engineering. Al worked on the West Coast for several years in the City of Vista, CA and Tacoma, WA. Most recently he served as Deputy Assistant Director of Development Services for the City of Houston. Al graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor Degree in Architecture. He is a registered Architect in Texas.