Street Operations Department's Traffic Management section consists of three groups: Traffic Engineering, Signs & Markings, and Traffic Signals.
- Maintains an efficient traffic signal system
- Provides technical support services
- Plans, programs, develops, designs, budgets and manages special projects
- Develops Traffic Control Plans
- Manages Vision Obstructions
Signs & Markings
- Fabricates and installs traffic signs
- Inspects, maintains and installs pavement markings
- Implements traffic control plans
- Reviews traffic signs and pavement marking plans
- Inspects traffic signs
- Operates Traffic Management Center (TMC)
- Reviews traffic signal plans
- Inspects and repairs flashers/beacons
- Operates, maintains and repairs traffic signals
- Provides emergency response services
- Inspects and repairs Integrated Traffic Signal field services
Traffic Engineering is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street.
Signs & Markings and Traffic Signals are located at 2525 Hygeia next to the Street Operations building.