Skip to main content

The City prohibits work or activities that in any way obstruct a street, sidewalk or other similar public place except those operating according to a valid Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit.


Do I need a Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit?

You need a Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit if you are going to be doing work on, in, under, above, or around any public street, highway, roadway, alley or sidewalk and the street has to be partially or completely closed for your construction or maintenance project

AND if your project requires that you dig within all or part of the width of any public right-of-way

OR your project requires that any of your equipment, materials, debris, or workers will be using all or a part of the width of any public right-of-way.

How do I get a Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit?

The Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit is in addition to the Street Excavation Permit that is issued by Development Services. There is a fee for the Permit which must be paid before the Permit can be issued. There is an additional fee if your construction dumpster has to be put in a parking lane due to lack of space otherwise. See the application fee or the Ordinance for fee amounts.

When you submit your Public Right-of-Way Blockage Permit application, you will need to include the following documents:

1.  The application

2.  An Information Sheet about the project

3.  A Traffic Control Plan if there will be a street lane or sidewalk closure

4.  A signed Indemnity Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi as an Additional Insured

5.  Proof of insurance as required (for both blockage and, if needed, a construction dumpster)