Certified Copies of Birth and Death Certificates are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. The office is closed for lunch 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. We are located at 1702 Horne Road Room 21 Corpus Christi; Texas 78416 You must have a valid State ID or Driver’s License or be an immediate family member to obtain certified copies
The birth or death you are requesting the certificate for, must have occurred in Corpus Christi, Texas. If not, please contact the city where the birth or death occurred.
To obtain a Birth Certificate:
- Parent - Your name must be on the Birth Certificate you are requesting.
- Sibling - You must have the same parents and provide us with a copy of your Birth Certificate for verification.
- Grandparent - You must provide a copy of your child's Birth Certificate to show the relationship to the grandchild.
- Spouse - To obtain a Birth Certificate for your spouse, you must provide an ID showing the same last name as your spouse, and a medical or automobile insurance card also showing both names on the card.
- Child - To obtain a Birth Certificate for your parent, we need to verify that their name is on your Birth Certificate.
Each certified copy of a Birth Certificate is $23.
To obtain a Death Certificate:
- You must be an immediate family member.
- You must be the informant named on the certificate.
- Be listed as a surviving spouse on the Death Certificate.
- Be a beneficiary to an insurance policy.
- Child - To obtain a Death Certificate for your parent, we need to verify that their name is on your Birth Certificate or that you are the informant on the certificate.
Each certified copy of a Death Certificate is $21.
Each additional copy of a Death Certificate is $4.
If you do not have a valid state ID or Driver’s License, you must then provide three different documents with your name, with the minimum of one including your signature.
Some samples of documents include a Social Security Card, Court Documents, Marriage License, Divorce Decree, High School Diploma, Voters Registration Card, Medicaid Card, Passport, Car Title, School ID, Automobile Insurance Card, US Visa Card, Utility Bill, Phone Bill, Lease Contract, School Transcripts, Immunization Record, Paycheck Stub, Electric Bill, Tax Return, Hospital Records, a work ID.
Order by Mail Form
Form must be fully completed, notarized and signed. You must include the following with your mailed form:
- A completed Certificate Request Form.
- A copy of your valid ID.
- A money order made out to "City of Corpus Christi" for the correct amount.
Order Online (complete, pay, submit)
When requesting a Birth or Death Certificate using the online request, the following items must be faxed to (361) 826-1342 or scanned and emailed to email@example.com for identification purposes (requests with incomplete identification items will not be processed):
- A copy of your printed receipt
- A copy of your valid ID or Driver’s License
- Your telephone number in the event we must contact you for questions
- The name of the individual for whom you are requesting a certificate
- The reference number
Please ensure that the information you are submitting, such as the DOB, County, and City, are correct prior to submission, as no refunds are available for requests.
Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Location & Information
RECORDS AT NUECES COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Births that occurred at Riverside Hospital in Robstown, TX before Nov. 1, 1981, are registered at the Nueces County Courthouse, County Clerks Office. Please call (361) 888-0580.
Births that occurred on the Naval Air Base before April 1, 1963, are registered at the Nueces County Courthouse, County Clerks Office. Please call (361) 888-0580.