NOTICE: The Second Public Hearing has been rescheduled. Revisions are below.
As part of the budget approval process, the City will host “public input” meetings to help the public better understand the proposed budget. City staff will be available at these meetings to respond to questions.
The Proposed FY 2019-2020 Budget public input session will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the dates and locations as follows:
- District 1 – Monday, August 12 at Owen Hopkins Library (3202 McKinzie Rd)
- District 2 – Thursday, August 15 at Lindale Senior Center (3135 Swantner St)
- District 3 – Wednesday, August 14 at Ben F. McDonald Library (4044 Greenwood Dr)
- District 4 – Monday, August 19 at Ethel Eyerly Senior Center (654 Graham Rd)
- District 5 – Thursday, August 22 at Dr. Clotilde P. Garcia Library (5930 Brockhampton St)
In addition to the public input sessions the City will hold two Public Hearings on the Tax Rate and one Public Hearing on the Budget. Hearings are scheduled in Council Chambers on the following dates and times:
- 1st Public Hearing on the Property Tax Rate – Tuesday, August 27 at 11:30 a.m.
- 2nd Public Hearing on the Property Tax Rate – Friday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m.
- Public Hearing on the Proposed Budget – Friday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m.
The FY 2019-2020 City of Corpus Christi Budget Adoption will occur over two readings during the regular City Council meeting in Council Chambers on the following dates and times:
- 1st Reading Ordinance Adopting the City of Corpus Christ Budget – Friday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m.
- 2nd Reading Ordinance Adopting the City of Corpus Christi Budget – Tuesday, September 17 at 11:30 a.m.
Once the budget receives final Council approval, the new budget will go into effect October 1, 2019.