Overnight Paving Traffic Map »
Updated November 4, 2021.
Phase 6 and 6A Traffic Map »
Updated October 4, 2021.
Phase 5 Traffic Map »
Updated September 16, 2021.
Phase 4 Traffic Map »
Updated August 24, 2021.
Phase 3 Traffic Map »
Updated August 11, 2021.
Phase 2 Traffic Map »
Updated July 23, 2021.
Six Points Intersection Exhibit »
A technical drawing showing the scope of the reconstruction.
Six Points Intersection Location Map »
Six Points Intersection Aerial Map »
Six Points Construction Sequencing Map »
Project Consultant Architect: Freese & Nichols: Shane Torno
City Project Manager: Mai-Theresa Bernal, P.E.
Contractor: Reytec Construction Resources
Construction Inspector: Ed Villarreal
Award Date: January 2021
Anticipated Construction Start: April 2021
Anticipated Completion: December 2021
Total Project Value: $3,189,239.00
- Three recently completed Bond projects, from the 2012 and 2014 bond issues, intersect at the Six Points intersection, to include:
- Bond 2012 - Alameda Street from Ayers Street to Louisiana Avenue (E12091)
- Bond 2014 - Ayers Street from Ocean Drive to Alameda Street (E13092)
- Bond 2014 - Staples Street from Morgan Avenue to Ayers Street (E13094)Maps, Facts & Scope
- The project will include full depth reconstruction of the intersection and underground utilities.
- The segment of Ayers Street from the Six Points intersection to 10th Street will include localized repairs to base failures and a mill and overlay.
- The segment of Staples Street from the Six Points intersection to 10th Street will also receive a mill and overlay.
- For the proposed intersection configuration, the triangular shaped parcel of land formerly occupied by the RTA for their Six Points transfer station will be improved for pedestrian use while maintaining two of the existing Heritage Oak trees. The existing concrete pavement at the plaza will be replaced by decomposed granite which is permeable. The adjacent section of Palmero Street will be closed and converted to parking spaces.
- This project will provide for full reconstruction of 10th Street from Ayers to Staples including complete curb and gutter and designated parking on both sides of the street. A loading zone will likewise be incorporated along the east side of the street as well as designated dumpster pads. This segment of 10th Street will be converted to one-way.