EMPLOYMENT & BUSINESS SUPPORT
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) »
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend supports an employer-driven, integrated system that consolidates employment, job training, and work-related services. WFSCB provides resources for coastal bend residents in response to the new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID 19).
U.S. Small Business Administration COVID-19 Resources »
United States health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
SUGGESTED IDEAS & ACTIVITIES
Ideas for Closed Businesses
Your business my be closed for now, but there are many things you can do to make use of this time, such as:
- Remodeling - this is a great opportunity for improvement!
- Redesigning - for example, consider increasing the space between tables, so that your establishment continues a trend of social distancing even after the governor's orders expire.
- Creating an emergency plan - now that we all know the importance of having a plan, this is a great time to prepare for other events. Hurricane preparation and fire evacuation plans are always good to have.
Ideas for Businesses Open to the Public
If your doors are open to the public, your business may be more successful at this time if you can demonstrate the preventative measures you are taking in response to the Coronavirus. Preventative measures may include:
- Only allowing 10 people or less in one room.
- Regular cleaning with cleaning products recommended by the CDC.
- Place signs informing customers or clients about recommended Social Distancing, which is ideally 6 feet apart.
- Share your new operational practices on social media. You can also share graphics from our Resource Toolbox.
Telecommuting to Prevent COVID-19
If your job may enable you to work from home, consider Telecommuting options to increase social distancing.
- Look into free video conferencing options, such as Skype.
- Explore ways to set up a home office that will keep you productive.
For physician resources, urgent care options, and more information, please contact Public Information Officer, Diane Prime at (361) 826-7220 or by email email@example.com.