Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects
This is where you can find a status on all of the City's major street programs. You can find progress reports on the Residential Street Rebuild Program (RSRP), the Street Preventative Maintenance Program (SPMP), the Arterial & Collector Bond Program, and Other Street Operations work.
Go to the Interactive Map to see locations where work is currently underway. For the SPMP, locations will show "In Progress" and on the Interactive Map when they are released for preparatory work to begin. The location will appear on the Interactive Map until the work is complete. Preparatory work can take place well in advance of the seal coat or overlay and includes any concrete work, ADA ramp improvements, localized base repair, etc. Seal coat application is weather sensitive and will be performed when conditions allow. Generally, this means that seal coats are not applied during the winter months or whenever nighttime temperatures go below 60 degrees. Seal coat cannot be applied in wet conditions and will not be done if rain is anticipated. The Interactive Map is updated weekly.
The City's Open Access GIS map shows the locations of all Bond, SPMP, and RSRP streets. Instructions for accessing that info is at the bottom of this page.
1. Go to the City's homepage and mouse over the "Services" link until the dropdown box appears.
2. Click on "Corpus Christi Open Data" in the lower right under "Construction and Property."
3. Scroll down to the "Corpus Christi Viewer" image and click on "Explore."
4. Click on the icon that looks like a stack of papers over on the right side of the screen.
5. In the Layer List, click on the box or boxes for the Street programs you want to see.
Each time you click on a box, a new layer appears on the map. Selecting multiple boxes reveals multiple programs.
6. If you place your cursor on one of the colored lines that appears (one of the street project locations) and left-click, a box with information about that location will pop up. The title line will tell you which Program the street is in.