City Announces Vessel Turn-In Program (VTIP)
A FREE Year Round Event for Proper and Legal Boat Disposal
The City’s Solid Waste Services staff and Code Enforcement officers are teaming up with the Texas General Land Office and Texas Parks and Wildlife to highlight the year round Vessel Turn-In Program or “V-TIP”. The program is available Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the J.C. Elliott Transfer Station located at Highway 286 and Ayers Street.
VTIP is a FREE program providing residents the chance to dispose of unwanted or inoperable boats, wave runners, jet skis, or boat trailers safely and legally.
Since 2017, the area VTIP program has collected 176 vessels, 65 trailers, and nearly 100 gallons of oil.
Program participants need to remember the following:
- Must complete Proof of Ownership or Release of Interest/Ownership waivers before drop-off.
- Waivers are available on-site.
- Remove all oil, gas, and batteries from vessels.
- Boats need to be clear of all waste and debris.
- Vessels 26-feet in length or less accepted.
- Larger boats accepted but on a case-by-case basis.
Questions about the year round VTIP program?
Contact the city’s Solid Waste Department at (361) 826-1966.