Heavy Brush is defined as tree and shrub limbs and trimmings, which are greater than three inches in diameter; tree trunks; root balls; and similar items. Heavy Brush will be collected on designated dates in your area according to the published Heavy Brush/Bulky Items Schedule.
- Set out your Heavy Brush items near the curb for collection ONLY during authorized set-out periods.
- Only grass & leaves (bagged/in container) and tree limbs will be collected during Heavy Brush collections.
- Bulky Items, such as furniture, mattresses, and appliances, will be collected with Heavy Brush items, at a $13.20 per item charge, except during authorized Bulky Items collection.
- Concrete, brick, rocks, stone, and dirt will NOT be collected with Heavy Brush or Bulky Item collection.
- Household hazardous materials, such as asbestos, oil, gas, antifreeze, solvents, brake fluid, transmission fluid, batteries, cleaning solvents, polishes, oven cleaner, pool chemicals, paint, paint thinner, paint stripper, spray paint, weed killer, pesticides, insecticides, sprays dusts or poisons, will NOT be collected with Heavy Brush or Bulky Item collection.
- Fees: Additional loads at time of scheduled Heavy Brush collection are $82.50+ tax per truckload. Fees will be applied to your utility bill.
- Resource Recovery Fees of up to $220.00 may be assessed for violations resulting in an emergency unscheduled collection of solid waste (i.e. brush/debris on street or safety/health issues) (Ord. #21-40).
- Heavy Brush or Bulky items shall generally be collected in the same location as garbage. It may not be set out in the side yard of a residence if the side yard adjoins an arterial or collector street. Heavy Brush should not be placed in the street, gutter, sidewalk, or in a drainage ditch. No pile of brush or bulky items may be greater than 6’ in height, 10’ long, and 6’ deep.
- Heavy Brush and Bulky items must be separated. Failure to comply could result in a resource recovery fee applied to your utility bill.
- Improper set out of Heavy Brush and Bulky items will result in a Notice of Violation. Non-compliance could result in resource recovery fees applied to your utility bill and/or citation.
- Removal of "illegally dumped material" and collection fees are the responsibility of the resident/owner.
- Non-compliance by customers could result in fines of up to $2,000 per-day per violation (Ord. #21-3).
NOTE: Yard Waste may be bagged and placed in garbage carts for collection. For more information, go to Collection Services Info and Quick Reference.