NOTICE: The Homebuyer Assistance Program is no longer taking applications at this time. The application process will reopen if additional funds are made available.
Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program
What you need to know about this program:
- Down Payment assistance up to $25,000
- Closing costs assistance up to $10,000
- Must meet 80% income limit
- $173,000 maximum sale price for an existing pre-owned house
- $238,000 maximum sale price for a new construction house
- House must be located within the Corpus Christi city limits
- Forgivable loan at 0% interest and term varies based on the amount of assistance
Homebuyer Process Overview:
- Complete the Homebuyer Intake form online at https://www.cctexas.com/gmd.
- The City will prescreen income for the household.
- Homebuyer works with a mortgage lender to qualify for a mortgage loan.
- Homebuyer takes the required homebuyer course and obtain a course certificate at https://how-to-buy-a-house.frameworkhomeownership.org.
- Homebuyer’s mortgage lender provides the lender packet to City staff.
- City staff completes final review of application packet.
- Homebuyer signs approved application and loan agreement.
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and Lead Based Paint (LBP) inspections are completed.
- Closing is set and the title company provides documentation for the transfer of funds.
- Funds are transferred to the title company.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How much is the Homebuyer Program assistance?
A. Down payment up to $25,000.00
B. Closing cost are up to $10,000.00
Q. What are the income eligibility requirements?
A. Must meet 80% income limits
Q. Do I have to work with a lender to qualify for a mortgage loan?
Q. Does the home need to be located within the city limits?
A. Yes, it must be within the city limits
Q. How do you calculate the income?
A. We count Gross Income for all household members
Q. What is the maximum sale price for an existing house?
A. Sale price of an existing house cannot exceed $173,000.00
Q. What is the maximum sale price for a new construction house?
A. Sale price for a new construction house cannot exceed $238,000.00
Q. Can I already own a home?
Q. Does the home being purchased need to be my principal residence?