Skip to main content
Emergency Alert

New Website Coming September 2024!

“Deferred Disposition” is the probation option in Municipal Court. You may request deferred disposition prior to the trial of your case. You must enter a plea of guilty or no contest and waive your right to a jury trial to be considered for deferred disposition.

To request Deferred Disposition Online, Click HERE and search by your Citation number, Name & DOB, or Driver's License Number.

You may also request deferred disposition through mail, e-mail or in person. Print and fill out the form located in yellow on the right of the screen. If you request deferred disposition through mail or e-mail, an Order will be mailed to you. 

All mail should be addressed to:

Corpus Christi Municipal Court 

120 N. Chaparral Street

Corpus Christi, Texas 78401

All e-mail should be sent to:


If the Judge grants the deferred disposition, a finding of guilt will be deferred, or postponed, for a specified period of time. During your probation, you must comply with certain terms and conditions, and if you do, your case will be dismissed, and no conviction will be reported or placed on your record. You will be required to pay a fee (equal to the amount of the fine) and court costs, commit no other offenses during the probation period, and comply with any other terms or conditions the judge may order. The fee and costs are due on the date stated in the order. Any other conditions ordered will be due by the date stated in the order.

Note:  Not all violations are eligible for Deferred Disposition, contact the Court if you have any questions about eligibility.

You are not eligible to be placed on Deferred Disposition if:

  1. You have or had a CDL on the date of your citation for an offense related to motor vehicle control, other than a parking violation; or
  2. the citation is for an offense that occurred in a construction zone or maintenance zone where workers present.

You may not enter a plea online and request deferred disposition if you are:

  • Under 21 and cited for an alcohol related offense or
  • You were arrested or charged for assault involving family violence or
  • You are under the age of 17 years of age at the time you received the citation.  By law you are considered a juvenile.

These cases require that you come into court to enter a plea on the record in open court.