Skip to main content
Emergency Alert

Notice of Election – Runoff Election
Click here to view official notices for the Runoff Election scheduled for December 13, 2022.

311 Customer Satisfaction Survey
Take the survey and tell us about your experience.

New Homes AND Additions

A complete submission includes:

  • Building Permit Application
  • Elevation Certificate if within a flood plain. (If you are unsure, please contact our office for the most recent FEMA information regarding your property)
  • Declared Occupancy Use and type of construction
  • Digital Submission
  • Site Plan
  • Floor Plan
  • Foundation Plan—Sealed and signed by a Professional Engineer licensed by the State of Texas
  • Exterior Elevations—window sills, ceiling heights all types in all rooms, eave heights, exterior wall finishes
  • Roof Plan and Type of Roof Cover
  • Building Section—typical framing members and specifications and all ceiling heights including furr downs, slopes, and vaults
  • Energy Compliance Certificate—for New Homes or Additions
  • Windstorm - Completed Texas Department of Insurance WPI-1 Form
  • Windstorm - Drawing(s) sealed and signed by a Professional Engineer licensed by the State of Texas showing:
    ▷  Hold down locations and capacities
    ▷  Uplift from plate to plate and top plate to rafter connections
    ▷  Shear transfer method
    ▷  Wall studs grade size and max. plate height
    ▷  Labeling of shear and load transferring walls, including detail of fastening methods
    ▷  Anchor bolt sizing and placement and/or method of anchoring to be used
    ▷  Details for non-prescriptive design and/or construction methods
    ▷  Wind load summary
    ▷  A statement that the engineer will maintain a permanent file containing the structural design information for all non-prescriptive components of the structure.
  • Septic System Letter from Health Department if septic system is being used on property
  • Beachfront Construction Projects may be required to obtain a Beachfront Construction Certificate (BCC) or a Dune Protection Permit (Kleberg County only)