Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center
- Walking trails and playground OPEN daily, dawn to dusk.
- Learning Center: CLOSED
► CDC Recommendations When Visiting Parks & Recreation Facilities (Revised 7-30-2020)
Come and be amazed!
The Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center serves to enhance community understanding for the need to preserve the natural resources of coastal ecosystems for future generations through access and education.
This 162-acre nature preserve is filled with the wonders of our natural world. We invite everyone to explore the two miles of nature viewing trails and walk away with a new-found experience and understanding. The Learning Center is open to visitors. Come and learn about the importance of protecting the wetlands for future generations to enjoy. As a student of nature, you will find the preserve's "live classroom" truly fascinating.
The preserve is owned and operated by the City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department.
We invite you to venture into the wild.
► VIDEO - "Not Your Typical Park"
Learn more about the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve. We aren't your typical park or your typical preserve.
- Guided Nature Walks - November 2020, Flyer
- Guided Nature Walks - December 2020, Flyer
- Meet Us On The Trails - November 2020, Flyer
- Meet Us On The Trails - December 2020, Flyer
- Scout-It-Out - Ongoing Program, Flyer
- Homeschool Days - Fall 2020, September–December, Flyer
- Eco-Expert - Landscape & Geology History of the Preserve, November 19, Flyer
- Go Team Therapy Dogs on the Trails! December 5, Flyer
- Nature Embroidery Class, December 9 & 16, Flyer
- Eco-Expert - Invasive Grasses in the Coastal Bend, December 17, Flyer
- Winter Wildlife Camps, December 21–23 & December 28–30, Flyer
► BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION - Flyer
Featuring The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The event will be held online if necessary. Join our discussion!
GROUP FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- Field Trip Descriptions and Fee Information in Oso Preserve Book
- Field Trip Calendar of Available Dates
- Field Trip Request Form
To book a field trip, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form and email the completed form to Education Coordinator Miranda Lopez at MirandaL3@cctexas.com at least three weeks before your trip. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice for your trip within 48 hours.
Book your child's birthday party with us! Come celebrate the special day as you and your party guests discover the preserve and have fun. Pick from our three options per age group. See the flyer below for more details.
► Birthday Party Request Form (Due to COVID-19, the Preserve is not accepting birthday party reservations at this time.)
NOTEWORTHY AT THE PRESERVE
- Heart Your Park
- Pollinator Playscape
iNATURALIST WILDLIFE OBSERVATIONS ON THE PRESERVE!
YOUR BUCKET LIST
5 Things To Do Before You're... List
Contact Information & More
Phone: (361) 826-3335
Learning Center is open Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm (temporary closure until further notice)
Walking Trails & Playground are open daily, dawn to dusk
Trading Post is open during learning center hours listed above. Trading Post Fact Sheet.
Parking Lot is open daily, 7am – 7pm
(Trails can be accessed using the walk-in entrances along N. Oso Parkway and from the Holly hike and bike. After-hours parking is available along N. Oso Parkway or at the Holly hike and bike lot at Holly Road and Paul Jones Avenue.)