Come and be amazed!
The Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center serves to enhance community understanding for the need to preserve the natural resources of coastal ecosystems for future generations through access and education.
This 162-acre nature preserve is filled with the wonders of our natural world. We invite everyone to explore the two miles of nature viewing trails and walk away with a new-found experience and understanding. The Learning Center is open for visitors. Come and learn about the importance of protecting the wetlands for future generations to enjoy. As a student of nature, you will find the preserve's "live classroom" truly fascinating.
The preserve is owned and operated by the City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department.
We invite you to venture into the wild.
- Guided Nature Walks - April 2019 May 2019
- Scout-It-Out - Ongoing Program, Flyer
- Growing Up WILD! for Kids Ages 3-7 on Mondays, January 7, 21, February 4, 18, March 4, 18, April 1, 15, 29, & May 13, Flyer
- HOMESCHOOL DAYS
- Yoga Series - For Adults, April 6, 13, 20 & 27, Flyer
- City Nature Challenge 2019 - Documenting Wildlife Species, April 26–29, Challenge Website, Flyer
- Story Time & Craft, April 27, Flyer
- Girl Scout Badge Event - Daisy Outdoor Art Maker, April 27, Flyer
- Eco-Expert - Why Moths? May 16, Flyer
- National Kids to Parks Day, May 18, Flyer
- SUMMER 2019 CAMPS - O.S.O. Guardians, June 17–August 9, Flyer
- Coastal Chronicles Teen Camp 2019, July 15–19, Flyer
GROUP FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- Field Trip Descriptions and Fee Information in Oso Preserve Book
- Field Trip Calendar of Available Dates
- Field Trip Request Form
To book a field trip, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form and email the completed form to Education Coordinator Caleb Harris at CalebH@cctexas.com at least three weeks prior to your trip. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice for your trip within 48 hours.
Book your child's birthday party with us! Come celebrate the special day as you and your party guests discover the preserve and have fun. Pick from our three options: Nature Scavenger Hunt; Insect Nature Walk; or Nature & Crafts.
NOTEWORTHY AT THE PRESERVE
- Heart Your Park
- Pollinator Playscape
iNATURALIST WILDLIFE OBSERVATIONS ON THE PRESERVE!
YOUR BUCKET LIST
5 Things To Do Before You're... List
Contact Information & More
Phone: (361) 826-3335
Learning Center is open Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm
Walking Trails & Playground are open daily, dawn to dusk
Trading Post is open during learning center hours listed above. Trading Post Fact Sheet.
Parking Lot is open daily, 7am – 7pm
(Trails can be accessed using the walk-in entrances along N. Oso Parkway and from the Holly hike and bike. After hours parking is available along N. Oso Parkway or at the Holly hike and bike lot at Holly Road and Paul Jones Avenue.)