The Padre/Mustang Island Mobility Study was initiated by the City of Corpus Christi to further previous planning efforts conducted for the area. The Study is analyzing the existing transportation system for walking, cycling, golf cart, and watercraft pathways while taking into consideration the recommendations from previous planning efforts and current development projects. The City is coordinating with TxDOT for any potential recommendations that would impact those state-owned facilities, PR22 or SH361.
This Study will create a Plan for a comprehensive transportation network that connects residential neighborhoods to commercial and retail uses, as well as identifies critical routes for walking, bicycling, and golf carts.
- Spring/Summer 2023: Existing Conditions Review
- Review previous planning efforts.
- Document existing conditions.
- Fall 2023: Draft Recommendations
- Evaluate nationwide best practices.
- Develop draft network recommendations.
- Develop draft design criteria recommendations.
- Winter 2023: Finalized Plan
- Finalize Mobility Plan and design criteria recommendations.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
There will be opportunities for public feedback throughout the planning process.
- Community Open House
- Come help shape the future of Padre/Mustang Island as we present the draft recommendations of the plan for the very first time. You will have the ability to give your feedback with our interactive boards.
- Date: October 25th, 2023
- Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Seashore Middle Academy Cafeteria
PAST COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- August ISAC Meeting: Project Introduction Information Session
- Online Survey