1230 Carmel Pkwy.
Corpus Christi, TX 78411 Map »
Monday - Wednesday: 10 am - 8 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday: 12 noon – 4 pm (Sept – May)
Since 1962, Anita and W.T. Neyland Public Library is the oldest and busiest branch of the Corpus Christi Public Libraries and serves the community of South Central Corpus Christi. In 2008 the branch was re-dedicated as the Anita and W.T Neyland Public Library with the Mary and Jeff Bell Children's Area. The addition doubled the size of the Children's area and provided a new Children's Reading area for expanded programming.
- Children’s programs include weekly storytimes, monthly science events, Summer Reading Program.
- Adult Programs include monthly book clubs, coloring, origami, craft times and Local Author events.
- Chess Club is a weekly workshop for all ages and all levels.
- Book Sales are offered quarterly in the AAUW Book Nook.
- The Silverman Historical Children’s Book Illustrator Collection includes original artwork and lithographs by famous children’s book illustrators as well as first edition books, illustrator signed copies and books on illustrating children’s books.
- The Classics Collection, funded by the AAUW Bookfinders, includes 1,000 Classic books, DVD, and Books on CD. There are special programs throughout the year.
Library programs and collections at Anita & W.T. Neyland Public Library are brought to the public through partnerships with AAUW, Cattery Clinics, Optimist Chess Club.