Book to Film: Family Movie Night
2ND and 4TH Thursday of the Month @ 7:00 PM
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- August 11TH - Jumanji
- August 25TH - Princess Bride
- September 8TH - A League of Their Own
- September 22ND - Sandlot
- October 13TH - Hocus Pocus
- October 27TH - Beetlejuice
PROGRAMS FOR KIDS
Take and Create Crafts
(Ages 3 - 10)
New Every Monday
Pick up a craft at the circulation desk or through curbside while supplies last.
Commotion in the Ocean
Tuesdays @ 11:30 AM
Enhance your child’s motor skills with music and dancing.
Pirate Penny's Party
Wednesdays @ 11:30 AM
Storytime, singing and crafting.
Penny and her amiga will be hosting a bilingual storytime on September 28TH and October 12TH.
SEA: Science Education Academy!
1ST & 3RD Wednesday @ 3:30 PM
Build your STEAM skills! Science experiments, engineering, robotics, art, and math projects.
Thursdays @ 10:30 AM
Sit, sip, and socialize! Children can come and play while parents enjoy café drinks alongside friendly faces!
Fridays @ 10:30 AM
Stories, songs, rhymes, and plays that help build early literacy skills.
PROGRAMS FOR TEENS
Everything Manga & Anime!
2ND & 4TH Wednesday of the month @ 5:00 PM
Dive into the world of Manga and Anime with crafts, discussions, and an episode screening.
- September - Spy x Family by Endo
- October - Haikyuu!! by Mistunaka
- November - My Hero Academia by Horikoshi
3RD Wednesday of the month @ 6:30 PM
Read a suspenseful title and share your thoughts during this thrilling Teen Book Club. No registration necessary -- just Read, Attend, and Spill the Tea!
- September 15TH - Firekeeper's Daughter by Boulley
- October 20TH - A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Jackson
- November 17TH - One of Us is Lying by McManus
PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS
Dungeons and Dragons
1ST & 3RD Friday of the Month @ 6:30 PM
It’s not just a game, it’s an adventure. Registration required. Limited space available.
Fresh Page: A Diversity Book Club
1ST Wednesday of the Month @ 6:00 PM
Explore new ideas, cultures, and conversations.
- September 7TH - Hood Feminism by Kendall
- October 5TH - Lucky Boy by Sekaran
- November 2ND - This is How it Always is by Frankle
Garcia Literary Book Club
3RD Monday of the month @ 6:00 PM
Literary discussion about a new or old title. Book selected monthly.
- September 19TH - The Dictionary of Lost Words by William
- October 16TH - The Vanishing Half by Bennett
- November 21ST - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by by McCullers
Panel Talk Graphic Novel Book Club
4TH Friday of the Month @ 7:00 PM
Monthly discussion about Graphic Novels. Ages 18+
- August 26TH - Son of Kal-El by Taylor
- September 23RD - Lore Olympus Vol 02 by Smythe
- October 28TH - Hawkeye by Fraction
White Nights Nordic Noir Book Club
2ND Wednesday of the Month @ 6:00 PM
Join us for an intriguing discussion about Nordic Noir.
- August 10TH - The Crow Girl by Sundquist
- September 14TH - The Lost Village by Sten
- October 12TH - Sun Storm by Larrson
Back to School Luau
Saturday August 13TH @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Enjoy free performances from the TAMUCC Spirit Team, plus activities, giveaways, and more! Hula on over for some tropical fun!
BTS Trivia Event
Saturday August 27TH @ 2:30 PM
Bring a partner or come by yourself and answer BTS-focused questions...game-show style!
Young Portrait Explorers
Saturday September 10TH @ 2:30 PM
Celebrate the histories, cultures, and contributions of Hispanic Americans. Featuring guest speakers, music, dancing, and arts & crafts.
Once Upon a Cuento
September 28TH & October 12TH @ 2:30 PM
Pirate Penny and her amiga host two bilingual storytimes centered around family and tradition.
Tween and Teen Tiny Cuisine: PIZZA!
Saturday November 5TH @ 6:00 PM
HONEY, WE SHRUNK THE FOOD!
Have fun making and tasting popular food on a smaller scale!
Tween and Teen Tiny Cuisine: BURGERS!
Saturday November 19TH @ 6:00 PM
Let's run it back -- this time with mini-burgers!