AIR TRAVELERS URGED TO FLY SMART DURING SPRING BREAK
The Corpus Christi International Airport is offering some tips to ensure the highest levels of safety, security, and quality customer service for travelers during Spring Break.
Travelers should arrive at the airport prepared to practice safe distances, wear face coverings, and observe all of the common protocols that are helpful during the coronavirus pandemic.
When it comes to maneuvering around the terminal:
- Arrive at CCIA at least 1 ½ hours (90 minutes) before your scheduled flight.
- Only one carry-on item and one personal item will be allowed to go on the airplane with you. Please check with your airline for size limits.
- Clearly mark your luggage for easy identification.
- Pack medications and valuables such as jewelry, cameras and computers in your carry-on luggage.
The 3-1-1 liquid rule is still in place at the TSA checkpoint along with a requirement to remove some electronic devises from your carry-on bags before they are screened.
- 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids must be no more than 3.4 ounces each, all placed in one quart-sized clear, plastic, zip lock bag, one bag per passenger. The bag of liquids must be removed from the carry-on and placed in a bin before sending your belongings through screening.
- Prescription medications, baby formula and milk (when traveling with an infant or toddler) are allowed in quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in a zip lock bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint.
- All electronic devices that are larger than a mobile phone (ipads, Kindles, laptops, etc) must be removed from your bag and placed in a separate bin. Please make sure to pack items that must be removed in such a way that they can be quickly taken out.
To check the status of all regularly scheduled flight arrivals and departures, go to https://corpuschristiairport.com.