For Meetings of The City Council & City Boards, Committees & Commissions
For City Council meetings, public comment/input may be provided in person (see instructions below) or, in writing, by completing and electronically submitting the following PUBLIC COMMENT/INPUT FORM no later than the start of the Council meeting.
How to Make Public Comment at a Council Meeting:
- To speak during the 12-noon public comment period, persons must sign up before the meeting begins.
- Persons may sign up in-person in the Council Chambers or electronically using the following link: https://www.cctexas.com/signin. Electronic sign-up opens the Monday before the Tuesday Regular Council meeting at 8:00 a.m. and closes at the beginning of the Council meeting (11:30 a.m.).
- Please state your name and address at the start of your comment.
- Each speaker is limited to no more than three minutes.
- Persons may speak only once regarding an agenda item, either during the 12-noon public comment period or when the Council is considering the item, but not both.
- If speakers have a petition or any handouts pertaining to their subject matter, please present them to the City Secretary prior to speaking. The City Secretary will distribute them to the Council.
- Please address your remarks to the whole Council, rather than to a specific member.
- Questions of Council or staff are inappropriate.
- Any electronic media that a citizen would like to use during their presentation may only be introduced into the City’s system IF approved by the City’s IT department at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact the Communications Department at (361) 826-3223 to coordinate.
*Alternative Method of Meeting Participation: For City Council meetings, members of the public may participate and address the governmental body by telephone call. To participate by telephone call at City Council meetings, persons must complete and electronically submit this REQUEST FOR CALLBACK FORM** before the City Council meeting begins. Comments may be made on any City topic or specified item on the agenda. If you fail to answer a callback, then contact will not be re-attempted. We recommend written testimony for entry into the record. Comments will be limited to three minutes and shall be considered public hearing testimony to any public hearings on the agenda.
(Updated on August 18, 2021)
You can also submit a service request, ask a question, report a violation, browse city-required permit forms and access services online here.
CITY BOARDS, COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS
For meetings of City boards, committees and commissions, public comment/input may be provided in person or, in writing, in the form of an e-mail limited to 1,000 characters or by using this PUBLIC COMMENT/INPUT FORM, and shall be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided for same on each board’s, committee’s or commission’s agenda found here: https://www.cctexas.com/government/city-secretary/agendas/boards (PREFERRED METHOD) or by submitting the form or a written statement limited to 1,000 characters, in person to the individual designated to receive it, as set out in each board’s, committee’s or commission’s agenda, and no later than 5 minutes after the start of the meeting. *Please note that this document must be downloaded and saved on your computer before you begin filling it out. Completing the form within the browser window before saving may result in losing the information you've entered.
The written public comment/input shall be provided to members of City Council or any City board, committee or commission prior to voting on measures for that meeting and shall be placed into the record of each meeting.
These written comments/input shall serve as the required public testimony pursuant to Texas Government Code 551.007 and shall constitute a public hearing for purposes of any public hearing requirement under law.