Skip to main content

Summer Vending Season
March 2023 to September 2023


February 8 through February 22, 2023

(CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - February 6, 2023) The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department will begin accepting applications from Wednesday, February 8, through Wednesday, February 22, 2023, for vendors to operate their business at its City beaches and parks. The permits for the seven-month vending period from March 2023 to September 2023 will be issued to qualifying vendors. 

Each year, the City opens its beaches and parks for vendors to provide food, beverage, and entertainment concessions to more than 700,000 visitors and residents. 

Locations include:

  • The Water’s Edge: McGee Beach, Food Truck Pedestals
  • North Beach: Beach
  • Cole Park: Skate Park, Kid’s Place
  • Gulf Beaches
    • North Packery Beach/JP Luby: Marker 203, Marker 206, Marker 207
    • South Packery Beach: Marker 212, Marker 212.5
    • Michael J. Ellis Beach & Seawall: Marker 214.5, Marker 215, Marker 215.5, Marker 216
    • Whitecap Beach: Marker 223.5 

In addition, vendors may also request other park locations throughout the city. 

Applications will be evaluated based on four (4) criteria: Business Capacity, Current Business Credentials, Product Quality, and Experience. Vendor locations will be determined based on scoring and top five preferences. Vendors will be notified after the selection has been made to issue the permits for the locations prior to the beginning of the permit period. The selected vendors are required to undergo and pass background checks prior to issuing permits. 

The new weekend summer programming offered at The Water’s Edge commences on Memorial Day (May 27, 2023) and will conclude Labor Day (September 2, 2023).

Download the City Beach & Park Vendor Permit Application Form.

Download the City Vendor Insurance Requirements document.

Download the City Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement Form.

Completed application form, waiver form, and required documentations for vending permits must be submitted by email by the deadline to any of the following: