The Police Media Relations Office is located at the Main Police Station, 5th Floor, in the Administration Division. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
Photography & Videography
The mission of the Corpus Christi Police Department Police Media Relations Office is to provide our citizens with up to the minute, factual and thorough information about the department. Members of the Police Media Relations Office are responsible for:
- Assisting media personnel in covering routine news stories and at the scenes of major crime scenes and critical incidents.
- Preparing and distributing news releases and media briefings on a regular basis.
- Arranging for, organizing and assisting with news conferences.
- Coordinating the release of authorized information concerning departmental operations.
- Updating the Corpus Christi Police Department Web page and any other forms of social media, or electronic public communications authorized by the Chief of Police.
- Keeping the public informed about upcoming events, community meetings, new police department programs, and victim services offered by the department.
- Providing citizens with valuable crime prevention tips and information.
- Warning the public about developing crime trends, hazardous road conditions, or other potential dangers.
The Police Media Relations Office utilizes Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Word Press (CCPDBlotter.com) extensively to improve our ability to distribute accurate, thorough, and timely information to the community. Routine news stories are posted throughout the day on CCPD Blotter, a free web based “blog” available to anyone in the public without subscription.
Upcoming events or major operations are posted on both CCPD Blotter and Facebook. Emergency notifications such as major traffic wrecks, robberies, weather hazards, road closings, etc. are distributed to the community through Twitter.