The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department offers a wide range of recreation, social, nutrition, fitness and cultural activities for all ages. It manages the city parks system, beaches, open spaces, and various recreational facilities. It provides opportunities to enrich everyone's lives and encourages positive lifestyle choices.
We are honored to be recognized as one of the best managed CAPRA accredited programs in the U.S. The City’s Parks and Recreation Department received its accreditation for excellence in operation and service through the Commission for Accreditation of Parks and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA).
We invite everyone to ... Live. Learn. Play!
The department’s mission, in a nutshell, is to provide every resident and visitor environments and opportunities for everyone to live, learn and play.
These are the Six Core Pillars of Our Mission:
- Healthy Lifestyle (physical activity)
- Life-long Learning (education)
- Sense of Community (socialization)
- Safe & Livable Neighborhoods (quality of place)
- Attractive & Sustainable Environment (stewardship)
- Economic Vitality (home values & tourism)