Mission & Goal
The Municipal Court is committed to providing excellent customer service. Our knowledgeable, educated staff serves customers with excellence in their responsibilities while maintaining a high degree of honesty and ethical standards.
Collections & Compliance
- Processes applications for community service and payment plans
- Facilitates collection efforts of fines, fees and state costs
- Seeks compliance in Payment Plan and Community Service orders
- Schedules trials and hearings
- Processes judicial orders in the courtroom
- Prepares jury notices, subpoenas, etc.
- Updates and maintains the juror database and Court records
Court Case Resolution Services
- Receives and processes payments and customer requests
- Accepts filed motions
- Checks-in customers for Court
- Processes customers’ requests such as mandatory DSC and Deferred applications
- Customer Service at front windows
Court Information Services
- Perform data entry and prepare complaints
- Prepare cases for the issuance of warrants
- Send out mail notices
- Oversees court call center
- Pursue and arrest those who have failed to appear or have failed to comply with Judicial orders
- Serve subpoenas and warrants
- Oversee security services, providing a safe environment for the Judges and the City Court staff
City Detention Center
- Process those arrested by CCPD and City Marshals, until released or transported to the county jail.
- Prepares magistration paperwork
- Assists the court with Magistration process
For Municipal Court
Now Offering Payment By Phone!
1 (866) 299-7084
120 N. Chaparral, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Inside the main Police Department building,
on the first and second floors,
at the corner of Chaparral St. and John Sartain St.
View Map »
Coopers Alley Parking Lot - View Parking Lot »
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Hours for Scheduled Hearings: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hours for Walk-ins:
Tuesdays, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Municipal Court - Administration Department Services
The City Marshal heads a team of Deputy Marshals for the City of Corpus Christi.
Search for municipal traffic/criminal cases.
View docket schedule by courtroom.
The City of Corpus Christi’s Magistration and Detention Center is located on the first floor of the Wilson Plaza at Leopard Street and N. Upper Broadway Street.
Individuals can now request a driving safety course and deferred disposition to keep traffic violations off a driving record, respond to juror notifications for the City, or request a payment plan by email.
Gilbert Hernandez, Director Municipal Court Services
Gilbert Hernandez was appointed as the Municipal Court Services Director for the City of Corpus Christi, Texas on July 11, 2016. His work history includes two years as the Court Administrator for the City of McKinney, and 15 years for the City of Fort Worth Municipal Court.
Mr. Hernandez was born in El Paso, Texas. He attended Western New Mexico University where he studied music. He holds a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix and a Masters in Management from Texas Wesleyan University.