ALL COURT DOCKETS ARE CANCELLED AT THIS TIME AND WILL BE RESET.
ATTENTION: Due to the developing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and County Judge Barbara Canales’ Stay at Home Order, the City of Corpus Christi Municipal Court, with high regard for the safety of the community and our staff, will be closed to the public from Friday March 27, 2020 through April 8, 2020. We anticipate again serving you Thursday, April 9.
Mission & Goal
The Municipal Court is committed to providing excellent customer service. Our knowledgeable, educated staff serves customers with excellence in their responsibilities while maintaining a high degree of honesty and ethical standards.
Collections & Compliance Section
- Facilitates collection efforts of fines, fees and state costs
- Seeks compliance in reporting collections, convictions, and statistical data to appropriate state agencies
- Processes applications for community service and payment plans
- Administers the Court Call Center
- Performs citation entry and prepares complaints
- Schedules trials and hearings
- Processes judicial orders in the courtroom
- Prepares jury notices, subpoenas, etc.
- Updates and maintains the juror database and Court records
- Receives and processes payments and customer requests
- Accepts and files motions
- Checks-in customers for Court
- Prepare, issue warrants and notices
- Serve subpoenas and warrants
- Pursue and arrest those who have failed to appear in Court as notified
- Oversee security services, providing a safe environment for the Judges and the City Court staff
Magistration & Detention Center
- Magistrate services and processing those arrested by the police, until released or transported to the county jail.
For Municipal Court
Address: 120 N. Chaparral, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Inside the main Police Department building,
on the first and second floors,
at the corner of Chaparral St. and John Sartain St.
View Map »
Free Parking: Coopers Alley Parking Lot - View Parking Lot »
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Hours for Scheduled Hearings: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hours for Walk-ins:
Tuesdays, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Municipal Court - Administration Department Services
The City Marshal heads a team of Deputy Marshals for the City of Corpus Christi.
Search for municipal traffic/criminal cases.
View docket schedule by courtroom.
The City of Corpus Christi’s Magistration and Detention Center is located on the first floor of the Wilson Plaza at Leopard Street and N. Upper Broadway Street.
Individuals can now request a driving safety course and deferred disposition to keep traffic violations off a driving record, respond to juror notifications for the City, or request a payment plan by email.
Gilbert Hernandez, Director Municipal Court Services
Gilbert Hernandez was appointed as the Municipal Court Services Director for the City of Corpus Christi, Texas on July 11, 2016. His work history includes two years as the Court Administrator for the City of McKinney, and 15 years for the City of Fort Worth Municipal Court.
Mr. Hernandez was born in El Paso, Texas. He attended Western New Mexico University where he studied music. He holds a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix and a Masters in Management from Texas Wesleyan University.