Through the HOME Investment Partnerships Act, the City of Corpus Christi has an annual entitlement of funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to carry out multi-housing strategies. HUD provides national allocations of HOME funds in amounts determined by a formula using six community-based factors.
- Improve and enhance the quality of life of the low- and moderate-income citizens of Corpus Christi through increased access to affordable housing and through improved housing
- Strengthen community partnerships to provide more affordable and improved housing
HOME PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Assist Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)* with New Construction, Acquisition and Rehabilitation (owner-occupied and rental housing)
- Assist individuals with Rehabilitation and Reconstruction projects (owner-occupied and rental housing)
- Assist individuals with Homebuyer Assistance and Tenant Assistance
* CHDO: Housing non-profit which has met specific HUD criteria and regulations, and has undergone the City certification process