Requirements for Public Officials and Vendors
During the 2015 Legislative Session, H.B. 23 passed and became effective September 1, 2015. H.B. 23 requires that certain City officials file with the City Secretary a "Conflict Disclosure Statement" if they receive taxable income or certain gifts from any person or business that contracts with the City or is considering doing business with the City. The form must be filed within seven (7) business days of becoming aware of the conflict.
Information can also be obtained in the Office of the City Secretary, 1201 Leopard (First Floor), Corpus Christi, Texas, 78401, (361) 826-3105.
• Form CIS: Conflict Disclosure Statement Form and Instructions for Local Government Officers
• A Guide for Local Government Officers: Do you need to file Texas Ethics Commission Form CIS Conflicts Disclosure Statement?
• Form CIQ: Conflict of Interest Questionnaire Form and Instructions for Vendors
• Do you need to file Form CIQ Conflict of Interest Questionnaire?
• Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176 (As Updated by H.B. No. 23)