The City Attorney's Office:
- Processes claims filed against the City
- Is the legal advisor to the City Council, City Manager and staff, and official boards and commissions
- Prosecutes all municipal court cases. Municipal Court is responsible for court procedures, fines, traffic tickets, and other offenses.
- Provides oral and written opinions to the City Council, City Manager, and staff
- Drafts legal instruments such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds
For the City Attorney's Office
Address: 1201 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9277, Corpus Christi, TX 78469
Phone: (361) 826-3360
City Attorney Services
The City Attorney’s office prosecutes cases in Municipal Court. Prosecutors will only discuss cases at the Municipal Court after defendants have made their initial appearance in their case(s).
Public records may be reviewed or requested from the City Secretary’s office. Staff from the City Attorney’s office provide advice to City Departments regarding public information requests, provide cost estimates to information requestors, and submit information to the Texas Attorney General’s Office when that information is confidential or otherwise privileged from release.
Risk Management processes and investigates claims filed against the City and manages insurance programs connected with the City.