The City holds a series of “open house” events around the community to get input from residents to assist City Council and staff in developing a budget for the next fiscal year. As part of this process, the City also hosts meetings to help the public better understand a proposed budget. City staff is available at these meetings to respond to questions.
For several months prior to budget adoption, the City Council holds a number of budget meetings, such as.
- Special Council Meeting: Overview of Proposed Budgets for the General Fund, Part I
- Regular Council Meeting: Overview of Proposed Budgets for the General Fund, Part II, and Enterprise Fund
- Special Budget Presentation: Overview of Proposed Budgets for Special Revenue/Internal Services/Debt Service Funds
- Public Hearing on Operating Budget
- First Reading Ordinance Adopting the City of Corpus Christi Budget
- Second Reading Ordinance Adopting the City of Corpus Christi Budget