NEWS: 2017 Arts Grant Recipients Announced
(CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – February 20, 2017) The City of Corpus Christi’s Arts & Cultural Commission will recognize the 2017 Arts Grant awardees prior to the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at 11:30am in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located at 1201 Leopard Street.
Arts Grants are available to 501c3 non-profit corporations and tax-exempt community-oriented organizations providing arts programs and activities within the city of Corpus Christi. The funding source for the Arts Grant Program is the City of Corpus Christi’s Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund. The projects and organizations selected to receive grants will aid in promoting tourism and the convention and hotel industry.
Congratulations to the following local arts organizations which were selected by the City of Corpus Christi’s Arts & Cultural Commission members to receive a total of $196,464 in grant funding for the fourteen projects listed below.
- La Competencia Folklorica De Tejas sponsored by Alcorta’s Folklorico Diamante
- Arts Alive! sponsored by the Art Center of Corpus Christi
- American Portraiture Today Smithsonian Exhibition sponsored by the Art Museum of South Texas
- 19th Annual Free to the Public Show sponsored by Ballet Folklorico Viva Mexico
- Snow White sponsored by Corpus Christi Ballet
- Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society Concert Series 2017 sponsored by the Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society, Inc.
- William Doherty’s ‘Messa di Requiem:’ A Texas Premiere sponsored by Corpus Christi Chorale
- Bailando Dance Festival sponsored by Corpus Christi Concert Ballet
- Corpus Christi LIVE! sponsored by Corpus Christi LIVE!, Inc.
- Pops in the Park sponsored by Corpus Christi Symphony Orchestra
- Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History Chisholm Trail Family Fun Day sponsored by Friends of the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
- Dia de los Muertos Street Festival sponsored by K Space Contemporary
- Spotlight on the Arts sponsored by South Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc.
- Art and the City sponsored by Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Art Department
- Furgason Bravo! Series sponsored by the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Performing Arts Center
- The Cathedral Concert Series 2017 sponsored by the Cathedral Concert Series