The Corpus Christi Police Department now has four locations that are monitored 24 hours a day by cameras for citizens to exchange purchased items.
The Exchange Place is intended to address safety concerns regarding online purchases from websites such as eBay, Trash to Treasures, Craigslist, classified ads, etc. Exchange locations are a best practice among police departments throughout the state and nation.
CCPD Exchange Sites
La Retama Central Library - 805 Comanche St.
Ben F. McDonald Public Library - 4044 Greenwood Dr.
Owen R. Hopkins Public Library - 3202 McKinzie Rd.
Anita & W.T. Neyland Public Library - 1230 Carmel Pkwy.
The parking lots at the libraries have two designated parking spaces for citizens to exchange merchandise. The locations have 24-hour video surveillance.
As a reminder, for any exchange, remember the following:
- Avoid going alone to make an exchange with a stranger. Always bring someone with you.
- Avoid giving strangers your personal information, including your address.
- Avoid exchanges at night if possible, even in the designated zone.
- Avoid remote or out of the way places for exchanges and be careful of persons who insist on secluded locations or exchanges at their home.
- Let someone know the time and place of your intended exchange and any information regarding the other person.