The Corpus Christi Police Department invites qualified men and women to apply for a rewarding and dedicated career as a police officer. Corpus Christi is a unique community that balances the beauty and calm of a sparkling village-by-the-sea atmosphere with big city benefits and opportunities.
We are a city of over 300,000 in population and our officers provide a wide range of police-related services that make the job interesting and challenging. We are a large enough department to engage most contemporary police functions, but small enough to still remember your first name and not treat you like a number. The pay and benefits package, the affordable cost of living, and the friendliness of our citizens make the position of police officer a much sought-after career.
- Read the Qualifications »
- Read the Recruitment Process »
- Fill out and submit the Eligibility Questionnaire »
(CCPD is now accepting applications for the 80th Police Academy.)
- Read the Recurring Pay Benefits Download Pay Scale »
Lateral Entry Process:
(For currently licensed Texas Peace Officers only.)
- Fill out and submit the Lateral Entry Eligibility Questionnaire »
- Contact a recruiter at (361) 886-2626 with any questions.
Physical Ability Test Preparation
Entrance Exam Study Materials
Study materials for the police entrance examination are available for purchase through our testing company.
For more information, please call our recruiting team at: