All interested applicants must email the application to Nora Vargas at email@example.com no later than: Monday, February 21, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. Applications submitted after 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 21, 2022 will not be considered. For further information, you may contact Nora Vargas at (361) 826-3124.
- Available HHSP funding is $144,281 for general homeless populations, a $46,177 set-aside for homeless youth, and EHF funding of $51,804 to combat homelessness totaling $242,262 with a contract term of March 22, 2022, to August 31, 2022. Proposal requests cannot exceed available funding.
- For an application to be considered for funding, the following qualifications must be met:
- Applicant must be a non-profit, unit of government or quasigovernmental agency
- The proposed activity must be listed as an eligible activity/expense in the HHSP rules and regulations. Eligible activities include, administrative costs, case management, construction/rehab/conversion of buildings, essential services to find/maintain housing, homeless prevention and assistance and operation of emergency shelter. More information about eligible activities can be found here: Eligible HHSP Activities or EHF Purpose & Use of Funds
- Programs must comply with the regulations outlined here: HHSP Regulations or EHF Regulations
- All youth assisted under the youth set-aside must be homeless. A youth-headed household includes unaccompanied children and youth (aged 24 and under), parenting children and youth (aged 24 and under), and children of parenting children/youth.
- Applications that are deemed eligible for HHSP and EHF funding will be evaluated based on the following:
- Ability of homeless service provider to expand the capacity of the organization to service unsheltered or sheltered homeless, youth who are homeless and at-risk populations
- Activity need and justification
- Activity implementation
- Efforts to secure other sources of funding
- Application completeness
- Other criteria – cost reasonableness, effectiveness, greatest need, positive impact on the community and project timeline.
- It will be necessary for any organizations selected to provide all required Homeless Housing and Services Program (HHSP) and Ending Homelessness Funds (EHF) documentation before a contract is awarded.