The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department requires all persons using city pools to abide by the following pool rules for your safety and enjoyment:
- All children under the age of eight must be accompanied in the water and supervised at all times by a paying adult (age 16 years or older).
- Only US Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted. Anyone wearing a flotation device must be directly supervised (within arm’s reach). No flotation devices may be worn on slides or diving boards.
- ONLY swimsuits, swim-diapers, or swim trunks are permitted. T-shirts are also permitted in the pools; however, they are not to be worn off the diving boards. Females must wear a swimsuit underneath their T-shirt. NOT permitted: athletic shorts, diapers, thongs, etc.
- Swim diapers are required for all those who are diaper dependent.
- Food is NOT allowed inside facilities. Management reserves the right to check bags and coolers.
- Drinks are allowed inside facilities (no glass or alcohol) and may only be consumed in designated areas. Management reserves the right to check bags and coolers.
GUIDELINES RELATING TO COVID-19:
- For pools with designated swim lanes: No lane sharing, swimmers must stay in their reserved/assigned lane.
- Patrons must adhere to the 6 feet of physical distancing on the pool deck.
POOL WEATHER NOTIFICATION:
If thunder and lightning are present, pools will remain closed 30 minutes past last observation.
A WORD TO PARENTS
The Department staff strives to maintain the highest standards in emergency training. Our goal is to provide patrons with a safe and clean atmosphere in which families can enjoy themselves in a recreation environment. The purpose of the staff is not to supervise your child, but to prevent accidents from happening. Therefore, parents need to closely supervise their children and assist in enforcing the facility’s policies for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. The City of Corpus Christi is not responsible for injuries or accidents. All children ages eight and younger must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a paying adult (age 16 years or older).