(CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - February 25, 2019) The City of Corpus Christi’s Arts & Cultural Commission will recognize the 2019 Arts Grant recipients prior to the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 26, 2019, at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located at 1201 Leopard Street, 1st floor.
The Arts Grant Program is funded through the City of Corpus Christi’s Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund. The projects and organizations selected to receive grants will aid in promoting tourism and support the local hotel and convention industry.
Congratulations to the following local arts organizations which were selected by the City of Corpus Christi’s Arts & Cultural Commission members to receive a total of $191,149 in grant funding for the seventeen projects listed below.
- Alcorta's Folklórico Diamante, Inc. for La Competencia Folklórico De Tejas
- The Art Center of Corpus Christi for Arts Alive!
- Art Museum of South Texas for Kent Ulberg: Celebrating the Wind and the Wonderful
- Ballet Folklórico Viva Mexico for 21st Annual Free to the Public Show
- South Texas Botanical Gardens for Art & Nature Fusion at Birdiest Festival
- Corpus Christi Ballet for Dracula
- Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society, Inc. for Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society Concert Series 2019
- Coastal Bend Bailando Dance Festival for 20th Annual Bailando International Dance Festival
- Corpus Christi LIVE! for Corpus Christi LIVE! Program Series
- Corpus Christi Symphony Orchestra for Pops in the Park 2019
- KEDT for Spotlight on the Arts
- K Space Contemporary for 2019 Día de los Muertos Festival
- TAMUCC - Department of Art for Art Now!
- Texas Jazz Festival Society for 2019 Texas Jazz Festival
- TAMU-CC PAC for 2019-20 Furgason Bravo Series
- Corpus Christi PATCH for Que Bueno! Taco Fest
- Wildlife In Focus for Brennecke Trail Nature Photography Pillars
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department serves as liaison to the Arts & Cultural Commission. For more information, please call (361) 826-3489.