The Litter Critter Program provides a large brush collection truck for no additional charge. To qualify for this program, two or more neighbors must sign up in order to have a truck delivered to your neighborhood to dispose of brush and small household items. An authorized, scheduled Litter Critter is delivered over the weekend and picked up the following work day. There is no cost for this program, unless the load contains prohibited items. The application below is utilized for quality control and record keeping of the Litter Critter Program. This will insure that the program is being used properly and effectively, while enabling this department to keep accurate records of collected weights, etc. Please complete the application and return to the Solid Waste Operations office.
- Appliances, tires, household hazardous waste, construction materials, dead animals, flammable or hazardous materials, ammunition, asbestos.
- Household hazardous waste consists of items such as anti-freeze, solvents, brake fluid, transmission fluid, batteries, cleaning solvent, polishes, oven cleaner, pool chemicals, paint, paint thinner, paint stripper, spray paint, weed killer, pesticides, insecticides, sprays, dusts, poisons, gas, motor oil and filters.
- Construction materials include sheetrock, shingles, lumber, fencing, concrete, brick, rocks, stones, dirt, soil.
- This program is intended for neighborhood cleanup and not individual use.
- Application must be approved prior to delivery of truck and will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
- Applicant requesting use of Litter Critter will be responsible for costs associated with prohibited items found in the truck.
- Delivery date may be subject to change.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applications may be mailed or delivered to the Solid Waste Operations office at 2525 Hygeia Street, 78415; or may be faxed to (361) 826-1971.