Skip to main content

All options may be requested in person, by mail, or by emailing to



A plea of not guilty may be mailed to the court. You may use one of the attached forms or your copy of the citation to enter your plea on each offense(s) listed on the citation you received. 

Plea of Not Guilty - Request a Bench Trial »

Plea of Not Guilty - Request for a Jury Trial »

The court will schedule your case for a pre-trial setting and send you a trial notice of your court date. It is your responsibility to update the Court on any changes of address. You and your attorney must be present at the time of the pre-trial hearing.



You may plead guilty or no contest by using one of the attached forms or your copy of the citation to enter a plea on each offense listed on the citation you received.

Plea of Guilty »

Plea of Nolo Contendere »

Defendant's Motion for Continuance »


If you plead guilty or no contest, you may be eligible for one of the following programs that will keep a conviction off your record:

A. Driving Safety Course


  • Must be requested within 14 days of the citation
  • Valid TX driver’s license*
  • Current insurance in your name
  • Must not have taken a driving safety course in the previous 12 months
  • Speeding of no more than 24 mph over the posted limit 
    ◦ You are not eligible for a Driving Safety Course if you were cited while passing a school bus, cited while in a construction zone with workers present, or if you are a CDL holder.

*Not required for active duty military


B. Discretionary Driving Safety Course

Includes the same requirements as above and must be approved by a judge.


C. Probation (Deferred Disposition) Requirements:

  • Seat Belt Offenses
  • Insurance Offenses
  • Speeding in a School Zone
  • Other Traffic Offenses and all City ordinances 
  • Not for CDL holders
  • Does not qualify if in Construction Zone with workers present

Probation Fees are subject to recommendation by City prosecutor and approval by the presiding judge.


The following court options will NOT keep a conviction off of your record:

D. Pay fine

Pay all fines, fees, and court costs at the time of entering your plea.

If you are unable to pay all fines, costs, and fees at once, the court may allow you to make installment payments by completing a Financial Information Packet and timely submitting it to the court.


E. Community Service

If you feel that you are unable to make installment payments the court may allow you to discharge your fines by performing community service.  The court may allow you to perform community service by timely submitting a Financial Information Packet and clearly communicating you would like to request community service. One can call, email, or come to the court to acquire a Financial Information PacketIt can also be found in the Documents section of this website.  Community service is granted by a judge on a case-by-case basis.


Under the following circumstances you may be entitled to have your citation dismissed:

F. Mandatory Dismissals:

Liability Insurance
If you are cited for Failure to Present Proof of Insurance, the citation may be dismissed if you present proof that you had valid insurance at the time you were cited.

Parked in Disabled Parking
If you are cited for Parking in a designated Disabled Parking space, the citation may be dismissed if you present proof of an unexpired Disabled Placard with the matching Driver’s License.

Expired Driver's License, Registration, Failed to Notify DPS of Address Change
If you are cited for an expired driver's license and failure to notify DPS of address change the citation may be dismissed if you renew the expired item within 20 days of the date of the citation, pay any county penalty fees, and pay a $20.00 administrative dismissal fee.