Bulky Items are defined as indoor/outdoor furniture, mattresses and box springs, carpet, swing sets, plastic swimming pools, large toys, bicycles, fish aquariums, and large household appliances.
Bulky Items are collected twice a year on designated dates in your area, according to the published Heavy Brush/Bulky Items Schedule.
- Set out your Bulky Items near the curb for collection ONLY during authorized set out periods.
- Do not mix other garbage, refuse, construction material, motor oil, or household hazardous waste for collection with Bulky Items.
- Separate Bulky Items into individual piles: metal, non-metal, wood items and tires.
- Concrete, brick, rocks, stone, and dirt will NOT be collected with Bulky Items.
- Household hazardous materials such as asbestos, gas tanks, oil, gas, antifreeze, solvents, brake fluid, transmission fluid, batteries, cleaning solvents, polishes, oven cleaner, pool chemicals, paint, paint thinner, paint stripper, spray paint, weed killer, pesticides, insecticides, sprays, dusts or poisons will NOT be collected with Bulky Item or Heavy Brush collection.
- Bulky Items shall generally be collected in the same location as regular garbage, but may not be placed in the gutter, street, sidewalk, or drainage ditch.
- Fees: Additional loads at time of Bulky Items or Heavy Brush Collection are $75.00 + tax per truck load. Fees will be applied to your utility bill.
- For non-scheduled Bulky Item collection, there will be an additional surcharge of $12 for each item set out on non-scheduled pick-up days.
- Tires: A fee of $5 per tire will be charged for any tire(s) set out for collection along with heavy brush. During the bulky item schedules, up to four tires will be picked up free of charge.
- Possible fines of up to $2,000 per-day per violation may be assessed for non-compliance by customers (i.e., brush/debris on the street or safety/health issues) Ord. #21-3.