Announcement of the Recipients for the Second Call for Art Grants 2018
(CORPUS CHRISTI, TX) The City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department and the Arts & Cultural Commission are pleased to announce the winners of the second call for entries for the 2018 Arts Grants. The winners listed below will each receive up to $15,000.
- Que Bueno! Taco Fest, sponsored by Corpus Christi PATCH
- The Adams Family, sponsored by the Harbor Playhouse
- 2018 Texas Jazz Festival, sponsored by the Texas Jazz Festival Society
- Bringing Art to Life, sponsored by the South Texas Botanical Gardens and Nature Center
- 2018-19 Furgason Bravo Series, sponsored by the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- 2nd Annual Festival Navideno, sponsored by the Instituto Cultura Hispanica de Corpus Christi
- A South Texas Holiday, sponsored by the Friends of the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
The City of Corpus Christi is a proud supporter of the arts and culture through its Arts Grants program to help nurture and build a vibrant place to live and visit. These grants are available to 501c3 non-profit corporations and tax-exempt community-oriented organizations that provide arts programs and activities within the city of Corpus Christi.
The City of Corpus Christi’s Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund is the funding source for the Arts Grant Program. The second call was made possible by the Arts & Cultural Commission decision to release unused funds, and to give organizations affected by Hurricane Harvey a second chance to apply. The projects and organizations selected by the Arts & Cultural Commission members to receive grants offer high-quality programming to the creative ecosystem of South Texas and promote tourism for the city and the convention and hotel industry.