The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department runs the Latchkey Program which offers an after school program, school break day camps and summer camps.
- Provides a safe, professionally supervised environment for children
- Provides basic survival skills necessary in today's society.
- Provides quality recreation experiences and enhance the child's leisure skills.
- Develops physical skills and coordination.
- Develops the ability to express thoughts and feelings through activities.
- Develops self-esteem and positive self-image skills for personal quality of life.
- Provides quality recreational and enrichment activities to enhance the child's leisure skills, which may include: art, drama, sports, dance, music, crafts, multi-cultural activities, special events and much more.
- The program is licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services.
- The program follows the Minimum Standards Guidelines for Texas Child Care Centers.
- The staff is certified in Infant, Child and Adult CPR, and Community First Aid.
- All staff receives training in safety, supervision and age-appropriate activities.
- The staff to child ratio is 1 to 22.
- Children may be registered at any Latchkey school site, space permitting.
- Program operates Monday through Friday, from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m., August through June, observing the same holiday schedule as the school districts.
- Snack will be provided, but children may bring a snack from home.
- The parent that registers the child is the first point of contact.
- No refunds will be granted if a child is suspended or terminated.
Sign In & Sign Out Procedures:
- Children go directly to the cafeteria after school and are signed in upon arrival. Children enrolled in such after school activities as tutoring, etc. are signed in following those activities.
- Only authorized persons with a picture I.D. will be allowed to sign child out.
- Parent will be called if person picking up child is not on the pick-up list.
- Child must be signed out daily.
- To remain eligible for the Latchkey Program, children must be signed out by 6:00 p.m.
- Parent/guardians or other persons designated as an authorized person to sign out a child from the Latchkey Program are required to initial by their respective child's name on the sign-out sheet.
- Children will only be released to those persons listed.
- The City reserves the right to refuse to release the child to any person if circumstances so warrant.
- Children who leave the program unsupervised will be suspended.
Tuition Assistance (WF) Information:
- Authorization and assessment of fee will be determined by the WorkForce of the Coastal Bend.
- For more information, call (361) 882-7491.
Scholarship (City Sponsored) Information:
- Participants must first apply with WorkForce (TWC). If denied or placed on the waiting list, then you may apply for the City’s Scholarship. A copy of the denial or waiting list letter from TWC will be required.
- In order to apply for a scholarship, every adult (ages 17 or older) in the household must be employed, attending school, or in training.
- Fee will be based on income eligibility guidelines.
- Five business days to turn in all required paperwork from time of registration.
- Applicant must pay full tuition at time of registration. If qualified, applicant will be credited the difference during the following month.
- If applicant qualifies for the scholarship, the scholarship fee will be due each month.
- Scholarship updates will take place during February.
- Incomplete application forms will be returned to the applicants.
- For more information or an application form, contact Al Ramirez at AlfonsoR@cctexas.com or (361) 826-3497.