The City Attorney's Office:
- Processes claims filed against the City
- Is the legal advisor to the City Council, City Manager and staff, and official boards and commissions
- Prosecutes all municipal court cases. Municipal Court is responsible for court procedures, fines, traffic tickets, and other offenses.
- Provides oral and written opinions to the City Council, City Manager, and staff
- Drafts legal instruments such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds
For the City Attorney's Office
Address: 1201 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9277, Corpus Christi, TX 78469
Phone: (361) 826-3360
City Attorney Services
The Human Relations Office is a Division of the City Attorney's Office. The division conducts and enforces a positive program of non-discrimination, within the City of Corpus Christi.
Municipal Court Prosecution is a Division of the City Attorney's Office. Municipal Court is responsible for court procedures, fines, traffic tickets, and other offenses.
Risk Management processes and investigates claims filed against the City and manages insurance programs connected with the City.
Miles Risley, City Attorney